Recipes For Crafting And Canning Jams, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Violette Plum Jam Recipe
This Homemade Violette Plum Jam is a sweet and tangy spread that goes well with toast, scones, or biscuits. Fresh plums, sugar, and lemon juice combine to make a delicious flavor that will make your taste buds sing.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Wash and pit the plums before cutting them into small pieces.
- Combine the chopped plums, sugar, and lemon juice in a large saucepan.
- Stir frequently over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves and the plums release their juices.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook the jam, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and reaches a candy thermometer temperature of 220°F.
- (this should take about 30-40 minutes).
- Remove the jam from the heat and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Fill clean, sterilized jars halfway with jam and tightly seal with lids.
- For up to a year, keep the jars in a cool, dark place.
Preserving With Pomona's Pectin
Automatic Jam And Jelly Maker
Artisanal Preserves Cookbook
Homemade Strawberry Jam with Butter Recipe
Homemade Fig and Honey Jam Recipe
Homemade Raisin, Ginger and Apricot Chutney Recipe
Homemade Orange Grapefruit Jelly Recipe