Make Jellies, Fruit Butter and Jams At Home With This Detailed Cookbook, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Grapefruit Marmalade Recipe
This homemade grapefruit marmalade is a tangy and delicious spread that goes well with toast, biscuits, or scones. It's made with just a few simple ingredients and no special equipment. You can eat it immediately or save it for later.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Combine the sliced grapefruits, lemon juice, lemon zest, and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the grapefruit rinds are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the granulated sugar until completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil in the saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and reaches 220°F (104°C) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Fill sterilized jars with the marmalade, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Seal the jars and process them for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Allow the jars to cool completely before storing them in a cool, dark place for up to a year.
Mason Canning Jars With Lids And Bands
The Sqirl Jam Cookbook
Fruit Pectin For Homemade Jams And Jellies
Jams And Jellies: Preserving By The Pint
Homemade Ginger Jelly Recipe
Small Batch Fig Jam Recipe
Homemade Peach Jam Recipe
Homemade Mandarin Orange Jelly Recipe