A Comprehensive Guide to Making Jams and Jellies in Small Batches
Homemade Pear Marmalade Recipe
This recipe for Homemade Pear Marmalade is a delicious and simple way to use up those fresh pears. The warm spices give this sweet and tangy marmalade a cozy touch. Spread it on toast or biscuits, or use it to glaze roasted meats.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Combine the diced pears, sugar, and lemon juice in a large saucepan.
- Tie the cheesecloth with kitchen twine around the cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Stir in the spice bundle to the pear mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove and discard the spice bundle.
- Fill sterilized jars halfway with the marmalade and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 months.
The Sqirl Jam Cookbook
Fruit Pectin For Homemade Jams And Jellies
Jams And Jellies: Preserving By The Pint
Maslin Pan And Jam Making Pot
Small Batch Fig Jam Recipe
Homemade Peach Jam Recipe
Homemade Mandarin Orange Jelly Recipe
Homemade Elderberry Marmalade Jam Recipe