200 Fun Artisan Homemade Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Made from Scratch Strawberry Jam Recipe
This Made from Scratch Strawberry Jam is an excellent way to use up fresh strawberries from the farmers market or grocery store. It's simple to make and tastes far superior to store-bought jam.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a large pot.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the sugar to dissolve and the strawberries to release their juices.
- Bring the mixture to a boil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes, or until the jam thickens and the strawberries break down.
- To test the jam's doneness, place a small spoonful on a chilled plate and set it aside for a few seconds.
- When pushed with a finger, it should thicken and wrinkle.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Fill clean and sterilized jars with the jam, leaving about 1/4 inch of headspace at the top.
- Before storing the jars in the refrigerator, tightly seal them and allow them to cool to room temperature.
Automatic Jam And Jelly Maker
Artisanal Preserves Cookbook
Canning and Mason Jars 30 Pack With Silver Lids
Small Batch Blueberry Jam Recipe
Homemade Fig Jam Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe
Small Batch Apricot Jam Recipe