Recipes For Crafting And Canning Jams, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Black Currant Jam Recipe
This delicious and simple homemade black currant jam preserves the fresh flavor of summer berries. You can make a batch of jam that is perfect for spreading on toast, biscuits, or scones with just a few simple ingredients and a little patience.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- The black currants should be washed and stemmed.
- Combine the black currants, sugar, lemon juice, and water in a large pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the jam has reached the desired thickness, remove it from the heat and set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Fill sterilized jars halfway with jam and allow to cool completely before sealing.
- Refrigerate the jam for up to three months.
Mason Canning Jars With Lids And Bands
The Sqirl Jam Cookbook
Fruit Pectin For Homemade Jams And Jellies
Jams And Jellies: Preserving By The Pint
Small Batch Peach Apricot Jam Recipe
Small Batch Blackberry Jelly Recipe
Homemade Plum Jam Recipe
Homemade Marmalade Recipe