A Comprehensive Guide to Making Jams and Jellies in Small Batches
Homemade Plum Jam Recipe
When fresh plums are in season, this homemade plum jam recipe is a delicious way to preserve them. This jam, with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg, is ideal for spreading on toast or serving with cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Combine the plums, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the mixture has thickened and reaches 220°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Fill sterilized jars halfway with jam and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the jars for up to 3 months.
Big Book Of Jams And Jellies
Preserving With Pomona's Pectin
Automatic Jam And Jelly Maker
Homemade Orange Marmalade Recipe
Homemade Orange Jam Recipe
Homemade Apricot Jam on Croissant Recipe
Homemade Apricot Red Currant Jelly Recipe