Inspired Recipes For Creating And Baking With Preserves, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Stone Fruit Bottling Recipe
With this simple homemade bottling recipe, you can capture the delicious flavor of ripe stone fruit. These jars are ideal for year-round enjoyment and make an excellent gift for friends and family.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for washing and sterilizing canning jars, lids, and bands.
- Wash, pit, and slice the fruit into wedges before serving.
- Combine the sugar, water, and vanilla bean in a large pot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the fruit and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the fruit is tender.
- Transfer the fruit to the canning jars with a slotted spoon.
- Bring the remaining syrup to a boil in the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Fill the jars halfway with syrup, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rims clean and replace the lids, tightening the bands just until they are snug.
- Process the jars for 10-15 minutes in a boiling water bath, or according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove the jars from the water and set aside to cool completely before storing in a cool, dark location.
Mason Canning Jars With Lids And Bands
The Sqirl Jam Cookbook
Fruit Pectin For Homemade Jams And Jellies
Jams And Jellies: Preserving By The Pint
Homemade Apple Jam Recipe
Small Batch Red Currant Jam Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
Homemade Violette Plum Jam Recipe